Friday, April 6, 2012

Second Time Around-Venison Pasta

I made crock pot Venison French Dip for dinner the other night and so like always there was quite a bit leftover.  Last time I gave you my recipe for second time around Venison Taquito's but I didn't have all of the ingredients, so instead I made a yummy pasta dish for my family.  I love pasta and so do my kids...what a win-win situation!  Creating delicious dishes with my leftovers makes me feel like a super hero...I mean I am saving my family money and filling their stomachs at the same time...sounds more like SUPPER hero than a SUPER hero to me but I will take what I can get!

To make it you will need a box of pasta, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, leftover venison, 1 cup of frozen peas and 2 cloves of garlic...


Chop the meat and mince the garlic...set aside...

Bring a pot of water to a boil, when ready add a generous amount of kosher salt and pasta to the water, cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender...the last 2-3 minutes of cooking add 1 cup of frozen peas to water...


Drain (reserving 1/2 cup of cooking liquid) and set aside...


In a large skillet over medium heat add about 1 Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and the left over meat that has been chopped...


Heat through and then add 2 cloves of garlic that have been minced and cook for an additional minute...

Then combine the pasta and pea mixture with the meat and the reserved cooking liquid (the cooking water will create a sauce for your pasta and keep things from drying out) and mix through...


Add salt and pepper to taste and then add a 1/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese to finish it off.

One could definitely substitute another vegetable for the peas or even add a few different kinds of veggies.  Personalize it however you like and enjoy a hearty and quick meal.  Sweet pasta-

DON"T FORGET TO ENTER MY 100TH POST GIVEAWAY...I AM TAKING ENTRIES UNTIL 5 P.M. ON EASTER SUNDAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment