Thursday, November 1, 2012

2nd Annual Trick or Treat Dinner

For the last two years I have invited some of my great friends and their cute children over for dinner before they head out to trick or treat.  It covers a couple of different things...I get my "sweet kids in Halloween costumes" fix and the parents don't have to think about dinner on such a busy night.  Last year my children decided to forgo dressing up, so in an effort to cope I came up with what I feel like is a pretty good plan...borrow someone else's kids!!  With my move in April...I am now in what is considered the "COOL TRICK OR TREATING" neighborhood...so the kids/parents were able to grab a bite and then just leave on foot from my house.

I always like to keep the menu fun and festive.  I say it is for the kids but secretly it may or may not be for me.  This year I served Candy Corn Pizza...store bought pizza crust and layering of ingredients has an amazing effect once cut...

I also assembled individual cups of BLOODY WORMS (raspberry jello and gummy worms)...

Everything else was just regular things you might serve but with spooky and disturbing names because lets face it...everything is more fun to eat if it is disgusting...

Olives became...Witches Warts...

Mini Dill Pickles became...Witches Toes...

Curly Cheese Puffs make perfect...Petrified Pig Tails...

Of course the kids in costume make the party...

Darby's pretty ladies...

Murdered Miss America...Harley...

Princess Lanie...
Cowboy Moss...

and his baby sister ladybug Annie...

Scary Hailey and Harley...

Break dancing Hannah...

Beetle juice aka Abbie Sue...

Grady as himself...

My candy hander-outer Flo from Progressive (Gege)...

It was a fabulous dinner with even better company.  Our door was revolving with around 250+ trick or treaters...being in the "Cool Trick or Treating Neighborhood" has it's problems (thank goodness for Costco).  Hope everyone had a safe and festive Halloween.  Sweet dinner-

No comments:

Post a Comment