Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Making Dinner Easy...

So thankfully I am over the funk and back to myself!!  My creative juices are flowing and I am ready to blog it up!!  I truly am in such a great place...I have two amazing and healthy children...a loving and supporting family...friends that are there for me and that I can count on...a boyfriend that makes me smile and I love spending time with...I am one lucky girl!!!  Life truly couldn't get much better...some days it is just harder to recognize then others. 

Today I am showing you a quick marinade for chicken...it is so simple and delicious.  The best part about it is that I have made enough to last for a few meals this week.  I love when I can cook once and have enough for later.


I used a package of Chicken Tenders that I bought on sale for $1.99 lb., for the marinade I combined 1 cup of Italian dressing, two cloves of chopped garlic and the zest and juice of 1/2 of a lemon...


Instead of chopping my garlic I use a press...it makes it such a quick job...


Pour the marinade over the chicken, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours to overnight...


I barbecued them on medium high heat for about 3 minutes on each side.  The great thing about tenders is that cooking them goes very fast.  I also made a bowl out of foil for some tomatoes that I drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper...


I couldn't resist...they are beautiful and ready to pick...


I served the chicken with a side salad of romaine lettuce and roasted tomatoes.  It was a light and perfect summer dinner...


Tune in later in the week to see what wonderful things I do with the leftover chicken.  Cooking dinner this week is going to be a breeze.  Sweet extra-

No comments:

Post a Comment