Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Decorating my front room...

Since I bought my home in April my front room has been empty...well, with the exception of Tater's Xbox and TV (you know, the important things).  It is the first room you enter and so it bothered me that it was the first impression someone had of my home.  I wanted to make it a reflection of my style...so I started my quest of transforming it.

I began with the mantel that I made out of barn wood earlier in the year.  I love it!!


I then went shopping for furniture.  I knew I wanted a couch and chair in a neutral color because I like to bring color into my room with accessories.  This is what I purchased (chair is STILL on back order)...


Over Christmas break I rolled up my sleeves and painted the room a tan color (Sandslope).  May I just say for the record...I HATE PAINTING!!!!!!!! 


Curtains were next and originally I had purchased these curtains from Target...


But once I got them (and loved them) I realized that it would be WAY to much tan in this room!!  I didn't want to send them back, so you will see them in another room soon.  Then I went back to the drawing board...after checking out Target online once again I decided on these curtains...


I chose grayish-black for a number of reasons...
1)When the kids are playing games in that room they like to block out as much light as they can
 2) It breaks up all of the neutral in the room
 3)A lot of my accessories are black.
  To make them not quite so plain and to bring in a print I decided to purchase the same curtain as my first purchase only in black and sew it onto the black curtains for a custom look...
(I apologize for the terrible photo but you get the idea)


The curtain rod was one that I already had and the curtains set me back a $31.00 for the pair of black and $15.00 for the single print curtain.  Not too bad for such a huge impact...

The accessories are next, which is my most favorite part!!   Sweet decor-

No comments:

Post a Comment