Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A year in review...

I'm not exactly sure how 365 days can go by so damn quickly!!  How in the world can it possibly be 2013 ALREADY????  It certainly was a quick and chaotic year but it was filled with many emotions, milestones and so much Joy. 

Now don't get me wrong, it definitely WAS NOT perfect but in comparison to some of my years before...lets just say...it was pretty darn close!! 

The thing that I am most proud of is that I purchased my own home.  A wonderful place for my children and I to call our own and make a million memories in. A safe, warm and nurturing environment for each of us and we needed that!  Believe me...it was LONG overdue.

Secondly, I began a new relationship with an amazing man!!  It caught me by total surprise (which makes it all the more sweet) but has truly changed me.  I am so stinkin happy that I can hardly contain myself!!  The sense of calm and peace that I feel is something I never even knew existed.  He and his precious girls add an extra special light to my life and I love it!!

My babies are growing up...WAY to fast!!  Tater turned 15 and although he still doesn't have his drivers permit...I know it is on the horizon and I'm not sure this Mama is ready for that!!  Tale's is now a T-E-E-N-A-G-E-R!!  I just want to clarify this...No matter how old she is-she will ALWAYS be my baby!!

We lost our precious puppy Jack and I have to say that was one of the low points of our year.  I'm not sure how a little dog can become such an important part of your life but he was.  We miss him still...although that is harder to do when our new bundle of naughtiness joy (Sage) is making sure that she makes her presence known.  She has definitely filled poor baby Jack's void and then some.

My favorite moments were spent with those I love the most.  My family and friends make my life complete.  Whether it was a weekend camping trip or conversation over dinner, I treasure those times above all others.

I have also learned a few things about myself and life over the past year...I can absolutely trust again (thank goodness), I can rock the whole single-mom thing (even though sometimes it is hard), a few true friends are all that you really need, happiness is NOT over-rated, my parents are my biggest supporters and bad things happen so that better things can come along.

Good bye 2012, it has been a good ride.  Sweet year-

No comments:

Post a Comment