Monday, January 14, 2013

Word of the year pillow...

Last week I shared with you my Word of the Year...which is FAITH.  I then opened it up to all of my readers to share with me their word for the year and I would randomly choose a winner.  The prize was not given, the only thing I told you was that it was something I would be making (I have to admit...I had no idea at that point). 

I wanted to make something that would incorporate the word.  Something that could be seen everyday by the winner and inspire them to continue their year long journey.  So I settled on a pillow.  I love the way it turned out...


To make it I used burlap fabric and cut out two identical rectangle pieces.  I then cut out a small piece of muslin to sew onto the front.  But not until after I painted the word on the fabric...


Then it was just a matter of sewing the two pieces together...being sure to leave a small opening to put the stuffing inside.  Then I used a whip stitch on the outside to complete the pillow.


A few added embellishments and it was finished.  Here is the one that I made for the winner Marietta Lamas...


Congratulations Marietta!!  I hope that 2013 fills you with more strength than you ever knew was possible!!  Sweet pillow-

No comments:

Post a Comment