Friday, January 11, 2013

My Front Room-The Accessories & Word of the Year Winner...

Earlier in the week I shared with you the process of putting together my front room.  The furniture, painting and curtains are in place...so now it is on to the accessories.  This is the part of decorating a room that I enjoy more than any other...it is like putting the perfect jewelry with an outfit...it makes a room!! 

I began by decorating the mantel and I have to admit that because I have been decorating it for holidays since October, it was a little strange to keep it simple but simple is what I love.  I always keep my clock there.  It is actually hung on the wall.  A few added items in the colors of black, cream and red finish it nicely...


On my end table I perched a framed photo of my babies on a couple of vintage books to give it height.  I also added a candle.  Underneath the table I have a black wire basket that is filled with sugar pine cones.  I love bringing a bit of the outdoors inside...



I also added a few of my favorite antiques to each side of the armoire.  An old milk can that was given to me by my Grandma Pearl sits on one side with red branches that I cut from the side of the road.  The other is flanked with an old milk crate that I set on it end and placed a rusted lantern in...



On top of the armoire I have an additional lamp, two canning jars and a wooden plant holder (that my sweet Tater's made for me) on a crocheted doilie that my Grandma Mary made for me...


It is so much fun when you can use items that mean something to you.  I love adding the addition of items either given or made for me by someone who is important to you...it adds an extra special quality to your space.

In the final hours of pulling it together I decided to re-purpose a book shelf from Tater's room on an empty wall...


It fits perfectly there...in fact I don't think that I could have found a more perfect piece if I tried!!  A few additional accessories and the room is nearly finished.

I still need my chair and would like to either find or have a bench made for the coffee table.  Nothing very wide because the space isn't huge...it will get there but for now this will do.  Sweet room-
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**THE WINNER OF THE WORD OF THE YEAR DRAWING IS...MARIETTA LAMAS**

Check back in on Monday to see what I am making for her word...Strength!!

No comments:

Post a Comment