Thursday, March 28, 2013

Easter Nest Cookies...

I have been a little absent from my blog because I had to think long and hard about whether or not I wanted to continue.  It isn't because I don't like it...I actually love blogging...it was because someone has sort of ruined it for me.  I realize that I may be a little naive when it comes to the internet and sharing information about yourself over the world-wide web but because I always have the best of intentions then I think everyone else should too.  Unfortunately that is not always the case and last week I had someone (& I have no idea of who it is) post terrible comments about my daughter and the photos I post of her on my blog.  It was heartbreaking to think that someone could take something that I enjoy so much and make me re-think everything that I had posted over the last 17 months. 

It has taken me about a week of soul searching to decide that I will be continuing with my blog.  I refuse to let one terrible person ruin something that makes me happy!  I can not control how people react to what I put out there and I don't feel like anything I post is inappropriate.  So it is business as usual and whoever you are out there...please redirect your attention somewhere else...this is a blog about my family, everything I love and my life...go & get one for yourself!!
-----------------------------------
A few weeks back a friend of mine was the monthly Bunco host.  For dinner she had a fun Nacho Bar but for dessert he made Chinese noodle cookies, dipped in chocolate, white chocolate and butterscotch.  Needless to say I ate WAY too many of them, it was pretty ridiculous!!  And now I have been thinking about those darn things ever since!!  I have a love/hate relationship with this kind of food item...I mean I love them (obviously...anyone who can pork down 5+ cookies at a 2 hour function may be obsessed) and I want to make them but then I hate them because I love them so much.  Do you know what I mean?  My love for them makes me hate them because I loose all control kind of issue thing.  Moving on...

In trying to be rational with my newest obsession I decided that because Easter is this weekend it was the perfect time to mix up a batch.  Then to take it a step further I added a few chocolate Cadbury Eggs to each cookie and called it a nest and besides, adding Cadbury Eggs to anything is a good idea.


To make them all you need is a bag of milk chocolate chips, a bag of butterscotch chips, 1 1/2 bags of Chinese noodles and a bag of mini Cadbury Eggs...


Melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips together in the microwave.  Start with 30 second intervals, stirring between each setting until completely melted and smooth...


Add 1 1/2 bags of Chinese noodles to the chocolate/butterscotch mixture and stir until combined...


Drop by the tablespoon onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet and add 2 or 3 Cadbury eggs to the middle of each cookie...


Let set at room temperature or in the refrigerator until set and they are ready to go.

It truly is the simplest cookie recipe I have ever made and you could use any combination of flavored chips that you want.  In fact a mixture of chocolate and peanut butter would be fabulous.  Sweet nests-
--------------------------------
For the Easter holiday I kept everything simple.  I just added a few touches here and there.


My mantel got a touch of Spring with a pair of ceramic birds and a turquoise milk jar that I found at Michael's for 40% off.  I love the colors of them and they work perfectly with my Happy Easter sign.


After Easter I will remove the sign and keep everything else in place.  I'm ready for Spring!!


On my kitchen table I took a few antique jars and filled them with green grass and a plastic egg.  Two of them combined with my sweet rabbit look adorable. 

Tune in tomorrow for a delicious and simple recipe for your Easter breakfast or brunch.  Sweet YUM!!



No comments:

Post a Comment