Thursday, March 14, 2013

Snickers Brownies...

A little over a month ago I threw a surprise birthday party for my boyfriend and these brownies literally stole the show!! So much so, that I just made them again for my brother-in-law's birthday because that is ALL he wanted!  Now I will warn you...they are a bit of sticky mess but worth every finger licking bite...if you like Snickers bars that is.  They also have four layers and you have to cool each layer before adding another, so it can get a little time consuming but please don't let that stop you!!  Take the extra time...believe me...you will be extremely glad that you did.


I planned the birthday menu around all things that I knew Darby loved and Snickers bars are one of his favorite late night snacks.  So when I saw this recipe on Pinterest a while back I knew that they had to make the list.  I have to say that, whoever came up with this is sinful in the very best of ways...I really just can't say enough about how darn good these things are.

You will begin by baking the brownie layer in a greased 9x13 pan.  You will need a brownie mix (I prefer a fudgy kind), the ingredients needed on the box (eggs, oil & water in whatever quantities called for) and 1/4 cup of fudge sauce...


Bake at 350° for about 20-25 minutes and let cool.  I like to bake my brownies until they are just set.  You don't want to insert a toothpick and have it come out clean...you want a little fudgy goodness on there.


The next layer is the peanutty nougat part.  You will need 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, 2 7oz. jars of marshmallow creme, 1/4 cup of peanut butter, 1/4 cup of evaporated milk, 1 cup of sugar, 1 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts and 1 teaspoon vanilla...


In a saucepan over medium heat melt the butter and then add the sugar and evaporated milk... 


Let the mixture come to a boil and add the marshmallow creme, peanut butter and vanilla...


Remove from the heat and add the roughly chopped peanuts...


Pour the mixture over the brownie layer..


Spread it out evenly and let it sit in the freezer for about 15 minutes.  Once set spread the caramel sauce over the nougat layer.  This is the kind that I used, Mrs. Richardsons Butterscotch Sauce.  If it doesn't pour easily then you could heat in the microwave for a few seconds...


Spread evenly and freeze for another 15 minutes or until set...


The final layer is a mixture of 1 1/4 cups of milk chocolate chips and 1/4 cup peanut butter. 


Heat in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals until completely melted.  Stir together well and pour over the caramel layer.  Refrigerate until set.


Cut into desired bars and serve.  I kept my leftovers (if you have any) in the refrigerator because they can get a little messy if you don't.


So there you have it...a homemade snickers bar that is even better than the original.  I think it may be time to make these again.  Sweet Snickers-

No comments:

Post a Comment