Friday, June 7, 2013

Another Chapter Closes...

As a parent I am constantly riding the wave between my kids becoming independant and staying my baby forever.  I want them to need me but then days like yesterday happen and I just wish Tate had his license (like right now).  I feel VERY fortunate to have a job that allows for me to go when I need to but somedays it gets to be too much!! 
"Mom, can you take me to the golf course?"....
"Mom, I need you to come to the school and pick up the 3 bags of dirty clothes from my PE locker!"...
"Sorry mom, I needed to go and get my year book...I know you waited for 5 minutes but can you come back and get my 3 bags of dirty clothes from my PE locker?"...
"Mom, I forgot my golf shoes at home can you bring them to me?"...
"Mom, I'm at dance recital practice and need something to drink!"...
"Mom, there is a party at a friends house at 7, can you take me?"
  Literally days like this (and yes this was only yesterday) make we want to move somewhere far, far away and preferably with 365 days of sunshine! 

Then I take a deep breath and remember that another chapter just closed.  My Tater is now a sophmore...my Tales is now an 8th grader.  Tater will be starting his first summer job as a life guard next week.  Tales will be flying alone to a friends home in Colorado soon for 18 days. 

They are growing up WAY too quickly...


Tater can get his license in September...

Tales will be playing her final year of middle school ball...

If only they could stay like this...

   

and this...

 
FOREVER!!
 
But sadly they can't!  They grow up!  So when I have days like yesterday and feel like I want to run away...I remember that someday I won't get to run them everywhere anymore and I might miss it.  So I just enjoy them while I can.  Sweet chapters-

No comments:

Post a Comment