Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Pepperoni Pasta Salad...

Pepperoni Pizza is always a hit with adults and kids alike...unless you were Tater for the first 12 years of his life.  He hated pizza!  Unless it had a white or bbq sauce on it he would not eat it!!  Thankfully he has grown out of his picky stage and likes almost anything.  It certainly makes cooking for the family a whole lot easier.  I remember times as a young mom being torn between how to handle dinner time.  Did I go ahead and cook two meals...one for the adults and one for the kids or did I just hope and pray that I could get my picky eaters to eat something?  Awwww, the life of a mom. 

A few months ago I bought a package of mini pepperoni to make pizzas...


They were a hit not only because they are delicious but also because they are so stinkin cute!!  For some reason mini versions of anything make me happy.  Just like my mild obsession with mini chocolate chips, mini pepperoni have a special place in my heart.  I'm a miniture food sap...what can I say??

This time of year there is always a backyard bbq happening (I love summer).  More often then not I am asked to bring dessert but sometimes I get asked to bring a salad, so I like to have a few go-to recipes.  In this recipe I have used a lot of the same flavors as a pepperoni pizza in a pasta salad.  It is fresh, a little spicy, and absolutely delicious.

To make it you will need a box of your favorite pasta (I used Rotini), a package of mini pepperoni, mozzerella cheese, italian seasoning, italian dressing and tomatoes...


Begin by cooking your pasta in salted boiling water until it is to your desired doneness and drain.  I then rinsed the pasta with cold tap water until the pasta was cool.  To the pasta I added 1 1/2 teaspoons of italian seasoning and 1/2 cup of italian dressing (you may want more or less)...


I used about 3/4 of a small brick of mozzerella cheese (but you could use shredded) that I cut into small bite sized pieces...


I added the chopped cheese and about 3/4 of the package of pepperoni to the pasta next...


Finally I added quartered cherry tomatoes and it was ready to go...


If you have leftovers you may need to add addtional italian dressing the next day because the pasta will soak up a lot of it.  I'm telling you this is the perfect side dish for any bbq you are invited to or even as main dish with some garlic bread for dinner tonight.  Sweet mini-  

No comments:

Post a Comment