Monday, June 17, 2013

Celebrating 40 years...

This last weekend my sisters and I threw our parents a 40th wedding anniversary party.  We started at Mario's Dinner House (a local resturant that my parents love) and ended with a dessert buffett at my house.  It was simple, it was sweet, and most of all it was special.  Any time that I get to do something nice for these two...

after all of the amazing things they have done for me it is a win in my book.

We were joined by family and friends who really made the night what it was.  I always say a good party is only as good as the people who attend and we were blessed with an awesome group. 

 As someone who is divorced and will never see the 40 year mark, I look at them and am reassured that marriage can last a lifetime.  They have been through better and worse, richer and poorer, sickness and health and still stand strong with a marriage that is based on trust, honesty and integrity.  They respect each other and love each other through whatever life puts in front of them.  Individually they are wonderful but together they are magnificent. 

Here are a few of my favorite shots of the night...

Dinner at Mario's...


Me & my Darb...


Mom & my Auntie Paula...

Papa Leo & Mamu...


A fun photo board courtesy of my sister Jamie...


The dessert table...


The centerpieces...


Being Silly...


A little brother time...

Congratulations Mom & Dad!!  I love you more than words can say. Sweet marriage-


No comments:

Post a Comment