Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Sweet Summer...

Summer seems to have officially arrived in Lake County...THANK GOODNESS!!  I really just can't tell you how happy that makes me.  I absolutely LOVE this time of year.  The unending warmth and sun seem to give me added energy that I don't have when snow is on the ground.  Extra energy has been nice because I have been working hard to transform my backyard.  It is a work in progress but when you are working with one mama and a limited budget that is just the way it has to be.

Here is a look at the west side of my house before I hauled 1.38 tons of rock last weekend...


It was a mud hole that my two doggies really enjoyed playing in before they decided to come in the house.  Something had to be done...so I decided to use a brown colored river rock...


Not only did it get rid of the mud but I like the clean look that it has.  It is also low maintenance.
 
In the equally muddy bed on the north side of the house I planted 3 bushes.  Finishing it with more rock and bark mulch (I need another bag or two to finish it up)...


I also took some time over the weekend to plant some of my pots.  Going to Bloomers (one of our local nursery's) and shopping for plants is one of my favorite things to do.  Here is the one that is on my back patio...


The mixture of sweet potato vine, petunias & bacoba will be filled in and beautiful in a few weeks.

At my front door I used 4 galvanized buckets to create this...


I stacked two different sized buckets and planted them...one for each side of the door...


I really love the way they anchor my front door.  A simple grapevine wreath on the door and the entry is complete.

I'm getting there but I have a LOOOOOOONNNNNGGG way to go.  I still have a garden area, large bed, sod to plant and a dog kennel to complete. We will see if I have the energy and funds to get everything done this summer.  Sweet planting-


No comments:

Post a Comment