Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Giant Flag Sugar Cookie...

At Valentine's Day I posted a recipe for a really easy and super tasty sugar cookie bar.  I'm telling you again that this recipe is one of the easiest, fastest and best recipes I have here on the blog.  It only uses a handful of ingredients that most of you will have on hand and it makes a whole lot of bars.  Perfect for a crowd of any kind.

Here is a sneak peek...


When I was thinking about what I wanted to make for my families 4th of July celebration this was the first and only recipe that popped into my head.  I did however want to make them look festive.  So this post is more about making them patriotic and less about the recipe because you can look back and find the recipe in my archives under February 2013.  You could also use the premade sugar cookie dough at the super market.

I began by baking my bars.  Instead of baking them in a large 1/2 sheet pan I baked the dough in two disposable 9x13 pans...


I frosted them with a layer of cream cheese frosting that I purchased at the store but you could certainly make it homemade...


A perfect canvas!!

I then sliced a few strawberries...


To make the flag I began by placing blueberries in the upper left hand corner...


From there I took the sliced strawberries and made 4 rows...


To finish it off I used a star tip and piping bag to finish it but you could certainly just use a gallon Ziploc bag and snip the end off.

A few stripes between the strawberries & a few stars on the blueberries...


and you have a giant flag sugar cookie that will be perfect for any 4th of July celebration!!

-----------------------------

I have it covered and ready to be delivered to the lucky winner.  Lacey Pardue...you can expect this delivered to your shop a little later today.  Sweet Flag-

No comments:

Post a Comment