Monday, October 15, 2012

Candy Corn Krispies

This is the recipe that I made on my lunch the other day and promised to post on Friday!! Technical difficulties (I'm a technology tard) didn't allow it to happen and for some reason the photo I took of the finished product will NOT download!!  So I am posting this recipe without it...I don't like to do it but I am.
---------------------
I am ready for fall/Halloween...I have decorated (photos coming this week)...I'm starting to plan my 2nd annual pre-trick or treating party and I can't get enough CANDY CORN.  I love this stuff...I think it is the CUTEST candy EVER!!!  I will admit that I don't like the taste of it...BARF...but who could resist using them as decoration or the inspiration for a dessert!!

If you are a member of Pinterest then you have seen ideas similar to the one I am giving you today but I have to tell you that my way is the best!!!  Why??  ...because it is easy and turns out so great!

I began by gathering my ingredients to make Rice Krispie Treats (using the recipe off of the back of the box).  1 package of marshmallows, 1 stick of margarine, 7 cups of Rice Krispies, yellow and orange food coloring and a loaf pan...


I then divided the ingredients into thirds.  So you are going to technically make three small batches of Rice Krispie Treats, one regular, one yellow, and one orange.


The first one is the regular batch.  Melt the margarine and marshmallows together, add 2 1/3 cups of rice krispies and put into the bottom of the greased loaf pan.  To reduce on mess I use a Ziploc bag that I have sprayed with non-stick cooking spray to pat the mixture down...


The first layer...


To the next two batches you will add the food coloring.  Here is the yellow.  I then added the 2 1/3 cups of rice krispies and topped it over the first batch in the loaf pan...


The 2nd layer...


The same will be done with the final batch, only with orange...


I covered the entire pan with plastic wrap and left it until after work.  I then removed the tri-colored krispies from the pan and began to cut 1/2 inch strips length wise.


I then took each long strip and cut triangles...like this... /\/\/\/\/\/\/\...

It is as easy as that and you have candy corn krispies!!  I really wish I could get the final treat photo to download but I can't so this where you imagine how stinking cute they are and go make some for yourself.  Sweet Krispies-

No comments:

Post a Comment