Thursday, October 18, 2012

Candy Corn decoration

My love for candy corn could be called strange.  How could someone love candy corn so very much and not even like to eat them??  The answer to that is quite simple...I have a huge mild obsession with various food items and I don't even understand why.  Like mini chocolate chips for instance...they are tiny, cute, tasty, and I might have a semi-weird fascination with them??  For some unknown reason making recipes with mini chocolate chips and decorating with candy corn makes me happy...so sue me!

Last year I made these sweet candy corn for my house and I just LOVE THEM!!


They were the perfect addition to my decorations and were so easy to assemble.  A few craft items and voila...they are ready to spruce up your home.  You will need two foam cones (of various sizes), yellow-orange-white yarn and a glue gun...


You will start on the bottom of the cone and begin wrapping the yellow yarn 1/3 of the way to the top.  Be sure to use a little hot glue to keep it in place...


Once the yellow is finished, begin with the orange yarn...


The last and final step is to wrap the white yarn around the top 1/3 of the cone.  Once you are to the top you can continue in a spiral pattern until the top is completely covered and glue into place...


Mr. & Mrs. Candy corn are now ready to decorate your home.  Sweet corn-

No comments:

Post a Comment