Monday, October 29, 2012

Mummy Halloween Favors


I'm excited to once again be hosting a Halloween "before trick or treating" Dinner for my friends and their children.  It is so much fun to see all of the little cutie pies dressed up and excited to fill up on candy...especially since my two think they are too old to participate anymore.  Luckily I am blessed to have great friends who are willing to let me hijack their children for a few minutes to fill that void. 

Because I love to make fun treats and I am a little neurotic, I like to do something extra special for my guests as a favor for sharing a part of their evening with me.  So this year I decided to make Mummy's out of what else...Twinkies...

To make them you will need Twinkies, white Candy melts, Lollipop sticks and candy eyeballs...

The first thing you will need to do is melt the white candy melts in the microwave.  I started with 1 minute and then added 30 seconds until it was smooth and completely melted...

While your candy melts are in the microwave you can unwrap the Twinkies...

Then you will dip them in the candy melts.  I used an off set spatula to make sure they were completely covered and added the lollipop stick...

With the remaining melts I used a fork and drizzled it back and forth over the Twinkies to look like mummy gauze and then added two eyeballs...

Wrapped in a cellophane bag with fun ribbon they will be the perfect treat to send home.  Sweet mummy-

No comments:

Post a Comment