Friday, June 1, 2012

Baby Box

My sweet cousin Laura is pregnant with her first child and her sister is throwing her a baby shower this weekend.  I am so excited to make the road trip and to be able to be there with her.  I wouldn't miss it for the world...I love Lo so very much.  She was born when I was 9 years old and to tell you the truth I thought she was my baby.  I spent a lot of time with her and loved babysitting her...she is my girl and now she is having a baby of her own.  I'm so thrilled for her and her husband Chase.

As you know I prefer to make my own gifts...especially for people who are very special to me.  I have to admit I haven't had a lot of time lately but I still wanted to do something special.  They are not sure if they are having a baby boy or girl, so that can complicate things a little bit.  I decided to begin with something fun to put my gift in.  I went to Bloomers and bought this box made out of recycled pallets (Lo will love that)...


Then just take a wild guess of what I do next...tape it and paint it with chalk board paint...


Yes that is duct tape...I can't seem to find my painters tape ANYWHERE...


I then removed the tape once the paint was dry and added a few metal stars to finish it off.  Of course then I had to write a sweet message for my new cousin...


It will be perfect for the items I have in mind to put in it.  I will be sharing soon.  Sweet baby-

No comments:

Post a Comment