Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Grilled Pizza

Today is the "official" first day of summer...YEAH!!!!!  At my house this means it is time to grill...anything and everything I can think of...I just want to grill!!  Burgers, steaks, chicken, veggies, garlic bread and one of my very favorites...PIZZA.  If you have never grilled a pizza then you really need to step out of your comfort zone and just do it!!!  They are fabulously scrumptious!!  The crisp grilled crust and the tasty toppings take an ordinary pizza to an entirely new level of YUM!!

I started with a store bought pizza crust that I found in the freezer section of my local grocery store.  I let it thaw in the fridge and then spread it out onto a baking sheet lined with a little corn meal.  To the top I brushed on some olive oil so that it wouldn't stick to the grill...


Lay the crust olive oil side down on a preheated grill until it begins to bubble...


Once bubbly and browned then turn it over for a about a minute...
 

Remove crust from grill and top with you favorite toppings.  The possibilities are endless!!  On this pizza I used ranch dressing as the sauce, grilled chicken, an Italian blend of cheeses and then a mixture of onion, zucchini, garlic and basil that I sauteed together...


Then it is back to the grill.  At this point you are wanting to warm through the toppings, melt the cheese and finish off the crispy crust.  Once it is cooked to your liking then remove from grill, cut and serve...

A slice of fresh tomato and my slice was complete...


A perfect summer menu item!!  Fire up the grill and create a pizza masterpiece for your family.  Sweet pizza-

No comments:

Post a Comment