Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thursday Thoughts-Week 25

Week 25-  Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.

As I get older I find myself less willing to push the envelope & try new things.  When I was younger I was up for anything but now I think that fear of failure stops me from trying.  Lets face it...nothing is as easy at 36 as it was when I was 22.  Lately I have been making a conscious effort to not let this happen.  Sure learning to wake board can hurt for days but the sense of accomplishment that it fills my soul with far exceeds the sore body I have been hobbling around in.  Going on a real date for the first time in 20 years and enjoying every last moment was good for my body and mind.  Stepping outside of the normal box that we create for ourselves is a scary adventure but I am telling you that is worth it!!  The accomplishment that you will feel even if it doesn't go exactly as planned (and especially when it does) far exceeds the fear within you...so I am challenging you to try something new!!  Sweet accomplishment-

No comments:

Post a Comment