Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Grilled Corn Salad...

I made this salad a few weeks back and I just couldn't get it out of my mind.  So what does a blogger do when that happens???  Make it again and take pictures this time!!  I love this time of year because I love to grill (I know that is getting old) and I also love all of the fresh produce.  My favorite meal in the summer is a nice juicy steak and grilled veggies...luckily all of the peeps that I love cooking for like it too!!  It is a great alternative to a heavy potato salad and I love the amazing flavors...


To make it I used 4 ears of corn, the zest of one lemon, 1/4 cup of cheese (italian blend or whatever you have on hand), a handful of grape tomatos that are quartered, 1 avacado (even though I show two) and 4 Tablespoons of Italian dressing...


Before grilling the corn I rubbed it with olive oil, salt and pepper...


While the corn was grilling I quartered the tomatos and zested the lemon in a bowl...


Grilling the corn took about 10 minutes...be sure to move them around and turn them often because you want color but you don't want burnt.  When the corn was finished I removed the kernals from the cob like this...


Stir in the cheese, chopped avacado, italian dressing and additional salt and pepper to taste.  I made mine about 30 minutes in advance but you could make it the day before and add the avacado at the last minute to insure that it doesn't turn brown.  Another tip is to cover the salad with saran wrap and be sure to press it against the salad so that air does not turn the avacado. 


I served it with a steak and grilled aspargus...it was D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S.!!!  Perfect for a picnic or bbq any time of year.  Sweet corn-

No comments:

Post a Comment