Friday, June 15, 2012

Brownie Cutting Tip...


Whenever I am asked to bring a dessert for my kids they ALWAYS want brownies!  Now I am just going to admit before we get any further...I don't make homemade brownies...I just use the good ol' box.  They are consistently good and because my children usually are telling me very last minute (like 9p.m. the night before they need them) that is important.  I will tell you that I usually double the amount of batter needed.  For instance if the box says it is for a 9x13 pan then I use 2 boxes because I like for them to be thick.  I also tend to under cook them a bit.  I want them to be cooked but still extra gooey. 

When it comes to cutting them the main thing is for them to be COMPLETELY cooled.  For years I used a regular kitchen knife and the brownie would stick to the knife, clump and look all a mess...


Then one day I realized that if I use a plastic knife then they cut perfectly...every time!!  If you haven't heard this before then be sure to remember it because it will save a whole of frustration and time...


Just a fun brownie tip...so bake a big and yummy batch today!!!  Sweet tip-

1 comment:

  1. I just had this same problem two nights ago, June! Thank you so much for the GREAT tip!

    ReplyDelete