Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Campout

I just spent the last three days camping in the snow filled mountains of Lake County.  I'm not quite sure why it decides to snow EVERY year on Memorial Day weekend but we toughed it out.  Adult camping trips are entirely too much fun...I think that would be the reason that we only do it once a year!!  My poor body could not handle any more than that.  It is a weekend full of adults who act like kids again.  We played ladder ball (I was the champion the first night), ate amazing grub (thanks to my brother-in-law), took long drives in the snow, drank adult beverages and I even got to jump a vehicle (aka The Danger Ranger) three times!!  It was such a great time with friends and family.  I thoroughly enjoyed every last moment although I may be recovering for a few weeks days.  Here are my some of my favorite shots from the weekend...

Ryan (camp cooker) & Amus...

Eric & Lolly...

Scotty stuck in a snow drift...

Dusty, ready for the day...

Stuck again...

Rainbow around the sun...

View from the top...

Fixin sunglasses the redneck way...

Dinner, YUM!!

Me and Darb...

Some fun with the girls...

Jumping time...

Made it to the top...

Motocross Meg...

I hope all of you had a safe and wonderful weekend.  I want to thank all of the amazing men & women who serve, have served or even given their life for our freedom.  I appreciate all of you more than you know.  Sweet camping-

No comments:

Post a Comment